What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore iPad 2 5.0.1

OP
M

MarkMotionless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a joke but it is iTunes' way of telling you that you cannot put iOS 5.0.1 on that iPad2 (as Apple has closed the signing window)

No. Again, this is a result of you trying to put a firmware version on the iPad that is no longer supported by Apple. It's one of the error notices (or results) you will get when you try to put on iOS 5.0.1.

Yes, you have to wait. Run the iPad on iOS 5.0.1 until you hear of a jail break for iOS 5.1. Then, you can go ahead and restore (which will load iOS 5.1) and then you can jail break that version.

So, relax. Don't worry about the Other space and just enjoy your jail broken iPad2 on iOS 5.0.1.

Marilyn

OK, Thank You Marilyn!

droidforsale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use iFile to delete whatever you don't need and recover space conusmed by "Others".

Stop using iTunes it sucks. Just wirelessly transfer music or videos or documents, again using iFile.

gint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 2 iOS 5.01

It's not a joke but it is iTunes' way of telling you that you cannot put iOS 5.0.1 on that iPad2 (as Apple has closed the signing window)

No. Again, this is a result of you trying to put a firmware version on the iPad that is no longer supported by Apple. It's one of the error notices (or results) you will get when you try to put on iOS 5.0.1.

Yes, you have to wait. Run the iPad on iOS 5.0.1 until you hear of a jail break for iOS 5.1. Then, you can go ahead and restore (which will load iOS 5.1) and then you can jail break that version.

So, relax. Don't worry about the Other space and just enjoy your jail broken iPad2 on iOS 5.0.1.

Marilyn

Could 5.01 be restored to my iPad if I saved my SHSH blobs for 5.01? I tried running TSS server on Tiny Umbrella without success (alternates between error 21 and error 1600). is there a way to stitch the SHSH blob like on the iPhone 4 using Redsn0w? Any other ideas? I am still running 4.3.3.

thisissime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain. Reading this thread I understand that even if you have the SHSHs for a firmware that Apple is not signing anymore. You cannot restore to that iOS version.

What reason there is then for tinyumbrella to exist? I understood that this is the reason we save our SHSHs to emulate Apples sign off responses, there fore any firmware SHSHs are stored should be restoreable?

I have SHSHs for my ipad 2 for ios 6.1
I have apple vanilla ipsw for 6.1 that I want to restore. I want to later jb via evasion.

I use pwned DFU mode via snowbreeze iREB. I see successfuly delivered TSS responses in the tinyumbrella log window.

but still I receive the 1600 error described in this thread once the restore is supposed to start.

why is that again?

many thanks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 2 is not susceptible to the LimeRa1n exploits. You can downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5 assuming you have BOTH iOS 4 and iOS 5 blobs. But that's the farthest it'll go. You won't be able to selectively restore to any iOS on the iPad 2 unfortunately. But, if you're on iOS 5 on your iPad 2, you can re-restore to the same iOS using RedSn0w

geopolisch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, gils, and other possible classifications out there,

I have found here the most comprehensive reply to my problems so far. As the thread opener, I have an iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.2.

It is crashing all the time. Safari crashes, programs crash, email crashes, even the settings panel crashes. This is kind of new, it was working ok months ago.

After deciding to restore it to factory firmware 4.3.2 or actually 4.3.X (any X will do for me), I got the dreaded error 3194.

After reading and trying different options, I finally got to try TinyUmbrella-6.13.00 and get the different error 1600.

Then finally I get to this page. So here are my questions:

1 - if I understand it right, there is NO METHOD of reinstalling on my iPad 2 its current iOS version 4.3.2 or any 4.3.X

2 - the only firmware I can currently install on my iPad 2 is 6.something (current Apple version)

3 - is there any other way to get my iPad 2 to "factory defaults" to get it to behave properly?

Thanks for any reply!

Geop

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, gils, and other possible classifications out there,

I have found here the most comprehensive reply to my problems so far. As the thread opener, I have an iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.2.

It is crashing all the time. Safari crashes, programs crash, email crashes, even the settings panel crashes. This is kind of new, it was working ok months ago.

After deciding to restore it to factory firmware 4.3.2 or actually 4.3.X (any X will do for me), I got the dreaded error 3194.

After reading and trying different options, I finally got to try TinyUmbrella-6.13.00 and get the different error 1600.

Then finally I get to this page. So here are my questions:

1 - if I understand it right, there is NO METHOD of reinstalling on my iPad 2 its current iOS version 4.3.2 or any 4.3.X

Do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.x? If yes, you should be able to install iOS 4.3.x. Just let us know that and we'll try to help with that. However, if you don't have the SHSH blobs, then no, you will not be able to put that iOS onto your iPad 2.

2 - the only firmware I can currently install on my iPad 2 is 6.something (current Apple version)

Correct. If you don't have SHSH blobs, then the only iOS you can install is the most current one - 6.1.3 as of this writing.

3 - is there any other way to get my iPad 2 to "factory defaults" to get it to behave properly?

Thanks for any reply!

Geop

Without the blobs, the only way to restore is to restore to iOS 6.1.3 using iTunes.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts