What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't resote my ipad 1604 error

mohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everybody, i'm so glad i found this forum.
i have a jailbroken ipad 2 4.3 version , and i don't want to use it as a jailbroken anymore.
so i tried to upgrade it to the newest version 6.1.2, but with no luck, everytime i finish with that error 1603,1604.
so far, this is what i tried :
* restore the ipad on 2 different computer, using all usb ports
* uninstall and reinstall Itunes to the newest version
* enter into DFU mode and download manually from GETIOS the 6.1.2 version and try to restore it with SHIFT + RESTORE
* change cables
* remove\add the apple lines from hosts file

now i'm stuck with an ipad that don't even come up, sometimes when i charge it for long time it shoes the recovery mode :( ...
please help me out, what else can i do ?

OP
M

mohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for you quick answer, i tried everything up there but with no luck ... is there anything i can do ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for you quick answer, i tried everything up there but with no luck ... is there anything i can do ?

I'm not aware of this not working, except where a step hasn't been followed to the letter, I'd try again if I were you.

The Archangel

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My failsafe recommendation for 160X issues is to use another PC to restore. Always fixes the issue if the failsafe method in f4780y (Leigh)'s sticky doesn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts