1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can't resolve Error 3194

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Gotmilk0112, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gotmilk0112

Gotmilk0112 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So I'm trying to upgrade my JB iPad 2 to iOS7, but it's giving me the infamous Error 3194. I looked in the guide and tried to use TinyUmbrella, but the box that it's telling me to uncheck is greyed out. It's not checked, though.

[​IMG]

I tried manually editing the Hosts file, removing any references to the "gs.apple" whatever, but that didn't work either.
  2. Gotmilk0112

Gotmilk0112 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Nevermind! I tried it once more and it started the process of updating (including the apple logo and progress bar on the iPad itself) but then stopped and gave me an Error 6. After that it brought up the "connect to iTunes" screen on the iPad, and restored to iOS 7.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 0
    Well, glad we could "help"! :D

Seriously though - glad you got it sorted. And, thanks for telling us so. Have fun with the new iOS!

Marilyn
  4. mrapple

mrapple iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have this issue all the time. What i started doing since, I offer different phone and computer services is i have two different comps i use. i have one for personal use which i connect all my idevices to and one for doing things like jailbreaking. Ive noticed when i use certain things like tiny umbrella and the sorts it changes my host file. also ive noticed that if a ios firmware isnt being signed it will give that same error.