What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't rename icon (folder)

Lepapehermann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello,
this is strange, I can't rename my Icons anymore. (Use to work)
I am using the known procedure, I get the Icons to jiggle but when I tap on the Icon nothing happen, it just keep on jiggling.
Ipad3 latest IOS.
Help please
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hello,
this is strange, I can't rename my Icons anymore. (Use to work)
I am using the known procedure, I get the Icons to jiggle but when I tap on the Icon nothing happen, it just keep on jiggling. Ipad3 latest IOS.

Hello - please provide some further information: 1) What specific iOS is installed (current one is 8.3); 2) What do you mean by 'known procedure'; and 3) What icons are you trying to rename, i.e. individual apps or folders?

In general, folders can be easily renamed, but third party apps should just show an 'x' in the left upper corner to allow deletion while stock apps will simply jiggle and can be moved only, i.e. not deleted nor renamed - please clarify what you want to do and what you want to rename? Dave :)

OP
Lepapehermann

Lepapehermann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - please provide some further information: 1) What specific iOS is installed

(current one is 8.3); 2) What do you mean by 'known procedure'

I guess I was referring to the Folder name change

and 3) What icons are you trying to rename, i.e. individual apps or folders?

Individual apps

In general, folders can be easily renamed, but third party apps should just show an 'x' in the left upper corner to allow deletion while stock apps will simply jiggle and can be moved only, i.e. not deleted nor renamed - please clarify what you want to do and what you want to rename? Dave :)

I think you just answered my question, I can change folder name but I can't change third party or stock app names.
I was sure I did it in the past,....... my mistake.
Thanks for putting me back on track.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you just answered my question, I can change folder name but I can't change third party or stock app names.
I was sure I did it in the past,....... my mistake.
Thanks for putting me back on track.

Yep, that's about all you can do on the 'stock' iPad - Dave :)

Most reactions