1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

can't remote desktop to 1 windows machine

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by azrael2000, Jun 14, 2012.

1. azrael2000

azrael2000 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All.

This problem is confusing the daylights out of me. Hopefully someone has encountered it before an has an idea.

I have my iPad, with Cisco Anyconnect running. I want to be able to RDP to a computer. It can be ping'ed just fine, but when I go to connect to it, using Mocha RDP, the connection won't come up.

Figuring I had configured something wrong in my iPad, I tried connecting to two other machines, and I can get to them just fine.

I can access the desktop, and wander happily around.

My cohort, with a Transformer tablet IS able to connect to my machine so I am baffled.

Any ideas?

Regards
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,674 / 0
    Do you have a remote desktop application such as Splashtop or TeamViewer on the iPad AND the corresponding server on your computer? The only way to remote into a computer is to go through an app and to also have that app's companion server loaded on your computer.

There are a number of remote desktop apps available at the App Store. The two I mentioned are just ones that get mentioned here a lot. Disclaimer: I used Splashtop and it works brilliantly in that I can get to and use my Windows PC. However, and again, have a look through the App Store.

Good luck.

Marilyn
  3. Sonia ferdous

Sonia ferdous iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are a lot of remote desktop apps available at the App Store. You can download apps like Splashtop and it works well for me.
  4. biobunny

biobunny iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I've never had luck with that app, I use Wyse Pocketcloud to connect to my "TuxMini"

Sent from K48