What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't read trash emails

Robinbx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I trash an email on my iPad, I can usually recall the email from the trash folder. That is, for all emails EXCEPT those from other iPads (or iPhones). I get the message:

"This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program".

Can anyone explain?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
See if you can move that e-mail back to your inbox.

Usually, when you get this message, it's because the iPad has actually deleted the e-mail (and it's contents) from its system. So, as far as the iPad is concerned, that e-mail is really not there, even though you still see it.

If that e-mail is still on the server, however, moving it to the inbox allows the iPad to re-connect and thus re-download the e-mail in question.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if I've clouded the issue...or if you have more questions. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
R

Robinbx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. That worked! Thank you, Marilyn.

However, the logic behind Apple's thinking escapes me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's probably a space saving decision, to avoid wasting valuable memory and bandwidth syncing something that will rarely be looked at. Or not.

Most reactions

Latest posts