What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant print

HiOctane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Say im on a website and i want print something.I have to disconnect my home network and "connect" to the HP printer"network" that appears under the home one.And if i want to go back on the net ,i have to disconnect the printer network and reconnect to the home one.What i have done wrong ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) You'll have to provide a lot more information please: 1) What model iPad do you own & what is the installed iOS?; 2) How does your printer communicate w/ your computer, i.e. cabled (e.g. USB or ethernet) or 'wireless'?; 3) What is the model number of your printer and is it Air Print compatible?; and 4) Can you print from your computer w/o changing networks? Printing from an iPad is a lot easier than you describe - Dave :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just posting to say that I've deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.*

Now, once we get a few more details, hopefully, we'll be able to help you out.

Marilyn

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Say im on a website and i want print something.I have to disconnect my home network and "connect" to the HP printer"network" that appears under the home one.And if i want to go back on the net ,i have to disconnect the printer network and reconnect to the home one.What i have done wrong ?

From you brief description, it sounds like your printer is not connected to your home network, rather it's creating its own. I would read the manual for your printer on how to connect it to an existing network and follow those instructions.

OP
H

HiOctane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you are right.A new network has been created on my laptop also.So im gonna reinstall the printer again.Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From you brief description, it sounds like your printer is not connected to your home network, rather it's creating its own. I would read the manual for your printer on how to connect it to an existing network and follow those instructions.

I think you are right.A new network has been created on my laptop also.So im gonna reinstall the printer again.Thanks.

Hi - great advice from our member Dhewson... and the reason for a number of my questions - you may still want to answer the ones in my post in case the 'dual' network issue does work out for you. Plus, you might want to put a 'network detector' app on your iPad which will show all of the router connections on your home network - I'm using Fing & Net Analyzer,​ although there are others - check the App store - let us know your results, please. Dave :)

OP
H

HiOctane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - great advice from our member Dhewson... and the reason for a number of my questions - you may still want to answer the ones in my post in case the 'dual' network issue does work out for you. Plus, you might want to put a 'network detector' app on your iPad which will show all of the router connections on your home network - I'm using Fing & Net Analyzer,​ although there are others - check the App store - let us know your results, please. Dave :)

Will check that tomorrow and let you know what happened.

Most reactions