What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't play youtube videos

andyvo1973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Andy
Could anyone help me with my sons mini ipad problem ? couple days lately their mini ipad can't play only youtube videos . I really appreciated .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can try to reset his iPad to get this solved. This won't remove data or settings, it could help you get rid of the bug you're experiencing. To reset, press and hold Home and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

Force closing the app might help as well:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar. Then slide the picture above the app icon towards thentop of the screen.

If the steps above don't solve your problem, you'll need to provide more information:
What does he use to watch the videos: a browser, the Youtube app, or a similar app where he should be able to watch them?
Is he logged in/does he have a Gmail account?
Is the iPad up to date? The most recent software version for the iPad mini is 8.1.3.
What exactly is happening when he tries to watch a video?

OP
A

andyvo1973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your info J. A. I will try to do so if any I will get back soon.
By the way it works with youtube safari but not youtube app

OP
A

andyvo1973

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, I have Gmail account and I try with and without logging but it is the same

Most reactions

Latest posts