What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open my books from B @ N

letsgoyankees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New user here I downloaded an ebook from nook but it won't let me open it newhere. When I download it from nook it says please try again and when I go to ibooks it wont open.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The reply is correct. With the Ipad you need an app for each seller. If you have an account with B&N you need the Nook (free) app, if you have an Amazon account you need the Kindle app. To use the Ibooks app you need to buy from the Ibooks store or download pdfs. There are other erading apps also, th Kobe from Borders, Stanza which is nice for Smashbooks books and othere and there are a few more. They aren't interchangeable. All the apps are quite nice though and you won't be disappointed with them. i expect once yiu have the Nook app installed you will need to go back and download your book from the archives in your account.

Diane B

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In your Nook app you will see 'shop B&N' in top left. Choose that and when the Nook/B&N site opens, on the left you will see something like My Account or similsr. Touch that and a dropdown menu will show your account number and should show archived items. When you touch that you should get a list of books bought and a download icon beside it. When you choose download it simply does that and when you open your Nook app its there to read. Since you worked backwards wnd bought a book before installing the app I wonder if this is creating a problem. You may have to contact B&N support but otherwise it should work seamlessly. Do be sure the Nook psge with your account shows the credit card number (last 4 numbers) that you used to buy your book from the Nook store. If that isn't correct it won't know where to download to. AIR you should have been asked for yur B&N account when you installed your app and went from there to the Nook store. There would be no other way for your Ipad app and the online store to connect.

Diane B

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only eBook and PDF

you can't download books with a format other then ePub or PDF into the iPAD and expect to "see" it in either kindle or Nook application.
Downloading say a book with the mobi extention through say the Goodread application, wouldn't pop up the kindle.
The only way is through buying or getting free book from with in those application.
NOOK will read
  1. EPUB
  2. eReader PDB
  3. PDF, including password-protected PDF
The internet is full of mobi and other book type's, so Amazon is protecting itself through iPAD , that you can't get it FREE.

With eBook, it is a diferent story. You can download them all over the net , and get them into the iBook application .

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This may be good to know. I just read on a digital reading blog that B&N had major issues on Christmas Day and maybe beyond. This may be why the OP was having issues. I did notice this morning when I clarified for myself how to dl from archives that the issues seemed to be resolved.

Diane B

Most reactions

Latest posts