What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open emailed pdf's in ibook

BillyMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I receive pdf's via email some will just automatically display on the screen and not give me an opportunity to open and thereby save them in ibooks. Some pdf's do show up as attachment and allow opening in ibooks. I there a setting that can be used to allow all emailed pdf's to be opened in ibooks?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When the PDF is displayed in the body of the email, tap and hold on the pdf until you get a pop up menu. You should have an Open In option. Choose this and iBooks should be listed. This works whether the PDF is viewed as an attachment or inline.

If for some reason you end up in Quick Look (only the PDF is visible), tap in the center of the screen. Controls will show in a bar at the top of the screen. You can either tap Done, and go back to the email view, or tap the Share icon at the top right and get the Open In and Print options.

laura331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the PDF is displayed in the body of the email, tap and hold on the pdf until you get a pop up menu. You should have an Open In option. Choose this and iBooks should be listed. This works whether the PDF is viewed as an attachment or inline.

If for some reason you end up in Quick Look (only the PDF is visible), tap in the center of the screen. Controls will show in a bar at the top of the screen. You can either tap Done, and go back to the email view, or tap the Share icon at the top right and get the Open In and Print options.

Very helpful, Thanks.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts