Can't get started

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by B.P., May 12, 2012.

1. B.P.

B.P. iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a brandnew iPad1 at a reputable store, on clearance. The box had not been opened.

If I hold the startbutton long enough, the screen will show the power-off slide, and I can power off with it. I hold the button again, and a small apple appears in the middle of the screen. Eventually, it'll briefly show a USB cable wanting to connect to iTunes, then the screen goes black.

I can't return it to the store I bought it from, as I live 600miles away. I could possibly try to phone them. Any chance Apple will take care of this?

2. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    It needs to be connected to a PC with iTunes for initial setup. Sounds like it is going to sleep after it prompts for the connection to iTunes and it isn't made.

3. B.P.

B.P. iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks, that did it indeed. Now I'm STUCK AGAIN... when trying to set up a new iTunes account, there is a q&A section for security questions, there is supposed to be a pull-down menu to select questions, but it doesn'' work.

ALSO, in the top left corner of the screen it says "no SIM"

4. Midranger4

Midranger4 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Is this a 3G iPad?

The security questions.....tap the text itself for the selections. There will be no drop down bar like windows.