What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get out of privacy mode

Susannah7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read all the other entries pertinent to this and can't find the "private" button - therefore cannot move out of private browsing, which I accidentally enabled. Any ideas? Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have read all the other entries pertinent to this and can't find the "private" button - therefore cannot move out of private browsing, which I accidentally enabled. Any ideas? Thanks.
Tap the doubled pages icon at the top right of the screen, then tap the highlighted private button at the top right of the next page that's revealed by tapping on the pages icon. Finally, tap the done button next to the private button.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
S

Susannah7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap the doubled pages icon at the top right of the screen, then tap the highlighted private button at the top right of the next page that's revealed by tapping on the pages icon. Finally, tap the done button next to the private button.
View attachment 69793 View attachment 69792
Thank you! That worked.
Another question - now the right side of the screen is greyed out when in Safari...how do I remedy this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! That worked.
Another question - now the right side of the screen is greyed out when in Safari...how do I remedy this?
You're welcome, I'm glad I could be of help.
In regards to the problem of the right side of the screen being greyed iut when in Safari, you may have accidentally activated Slide Over. To get rid of it tap and hold the middle of the line dividing the greyed out part and the rest of the screen and slide your finger to the right side of the screen. Inside iOS 9: Split-Screen Multitasking for the iPad

This explanation, however, only applies to the iPad mini4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro. On the iPad 2, you may have a screen problem. Does the greyed out area on the right stay on the right when you rotate the iPad or does it stay on the same part of the screen?

Last edited:
OP
S

Susannah7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome, I'm glad I could be of help.
In regards to the problem of the right side of the screen being greyed iut when in Safari, you may have accidentally activated Slide Over. To get rid of it tap and hold the middle of the line dividing the greyed out part and the rest of the screen and slide your finger to the right side of the screen. Inside iOS 9: Split-Screen Multitasking for the iPad

This explanation, however only applies to the iPad mini4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro. On the iPad 2, you may have a screen problem. Does the greyed out area on the right stay on the right when you rotate the iPad or does it stay on the same part of the screen?

Looks like the problem has rectified itself. Thanks again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 69793 View attachment 69792

Is this screenshot from the public beta? Because I have no idea how to get a list like this instead of the thumbnails,

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this screenshot from the public beta? Because I have no idea how to get a list like this instead of the thumbnails,

Yes, the screenshots were from my iPad Air 2, which is on iOS 9.2.1 Developer Beta. FYI, that list can also be seen on an iPad on the public release of iOS 9.2 by scrolling past the bottom of the thumbnails as in this screenshot from my iPad Pro which is on iOS 9.2. The thumbnails, of course, are not visible in Private Browsing mode, as in the second screenshot.
image.png
image.png

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, the screenshots were from my iPad Air 2, which is on iOS 9.2.1 Developer Beta. FYI, that list can also be seen on an iPad on the public release of iOS 9.2 by scrolling past the bottom of the thumbnails as in this screenshot from my iPad Pro which is on iOS 9.2. The thumbnails, of course, are not visible in Private Browsing mode, as in the second screenshot.
View attachment 69811 View attachment 69812

Ok. Now I understand. Those are the tabs open on your other devices. I never have more than a couple open, so I never see a list so long it takes up the whole screen,

Most reactions

Latest posts