What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get on one of my boards

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
for some reason, I can't get onto my Kindle forum boards. I can't get on from my iPad
or PC. I got on once last night but can't get on now. Something must be blocking it. I don't
know how to unblock it. Any ideas?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If neither the iPad or PC are working, them it's probably a problem with the site itself. This happens.

If you can't get to the site at all, you can try Googling about the forum to see if you can find any blog posts about the problems, and when they expect it to be resolved.

If you supply a link to the site, other's can see if they can get to it, or say something if they know what's going on.

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If neither the iPad or PC are working, them it's probably a problem with the site itself. This happens.

If you can't get to the site at all, you can try Googling about the forum to see if you can find any blog posts about the problems, and when they expect it to be resolved.

If you supply a link to the site, other's can see if they can get to it, or say something if they know what's going on.
Thanks for answering. I have asked other people and they have to problem getting on.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm. Try reseting your wi-fi router. You can also try clearing web history and data on the iPad and computer.

Sometimes the DNS server your ISP provides can be a problem. You can try changing your DNS servers in your router.
Two of the best free DNS services are:

The Google Public DNS servers
The OpenDNS servers

Normally your router pulls it's DNS server settings from your ISP, but you can enter them manually. This is the best option.

The same is true of your iPad and computer. Normally they pull their DNS settings from your router, but you can set them manually. If you can't change your router's settings, this is the second best option.

OP
A

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, right now I am on the boards so hopfully it will keep
working.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm glad it's working again.

If it keeps cutting in and out, and your friends continue to not have problems, give the DNS things a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts