What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get iPad to accept email password

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated software and now my email wont accept my password. I've re-booted. Any solutions???

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One problem that sometimes occurs is that, by default, the iPad autocapitalises the first letter of the first word of what it considers to be a new sentence. If your password begins with a lower-case letter, check carefully as you type it in that the iPad is not automatically changing it to upper case. If it is, then simply hit the shift key to cancel shift before typing in the first letter.

I've also moved this thread to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention, in case my suggestion doesn't work.

Tim

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
One problem that sometimes occurs is that, by default, the iPad autocapitalises the first letter of the first word of what it considers to be a new sentence. If your password begins with a lower-case letter, check carefully as you type it in that the iPad is not automatically changing it to upper case. If it is, then simply hit the shift key to cancel shift before typing in the first letter.

I've also moved this thread to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention, in case my suggestion doesn't work.

Tim

Oh yeah! I hate that sometimes. It makes me type in my email address wrong.

OP
L

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It says server unavailable. Password correct and I always check the cap.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First make sure you can get your email from another computer or device, just to make sure the server is still out there and working.

Then, the easiest way to reset mail is to delete and re-add the account in settings. At least that has usually worked for me.

But a restart and/or a reset would be good to try first, just in case. They sometimes fix things you wouldn't expect them too.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears. iPad will reboot. Takes a bit longer than the normal restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts