What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get email using Outlook on iPad

amishboy51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad since June, and I was able to receive all email messages from my desktop, using Outlook, without problem, until a week ago. Now, after receiving email without problem for almost 5 months on my iPad, which is connected via WiFi on my home network, either I don't receive email on my iPad or only a few messages that I receive on my desktop also appear on my iPad.

My ISP, Comcast, suggested that I download their mobile app, but I prefer Outlook; anyway, somehow my Outlook is set up on my desktop so I no longer receive email on their email application, so downloading the mobile app didn't help me get email on my iPad either. I've also tried, at their suggestion, deleting cookies and checking my settings. Nothing.

Any ideas for how I can resume getting my email via Outlook on my iPad? Thanks.
:rolleyes:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Amishboy--this is just a stab in the dark. I hope that others with stronger experience will chime in. However, our health system just recently converted over to Outlook for our email system back in September. With that, I inputted all the correct fields (username, password, domain, server, etc) onto the mail app on the ipad with no issues. One thing though, is that we are running outlook 2010. Do you think the version you have is not current and that is why you are not receiving your email?

In addition, you may want to reset your email settings on your ipad again, to see if that may work. I hope that this helps you. Good luck!:)

OP
A

amishboy51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, skimonkey. Maybe it's not relevant, but what's especially puzzling to me (maybe because I mainly push buttons, without any real understanding of the technology) is why I had no problem receiving my email, with the current settings and Outlook version, without any problems for 5 months, and now I have a problem, without (to my knowledge) having done anything to change settings, etc.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had the same problem and have done nothing new accept IOS5 and I cloud. Ever since them I cannot receive emails that are generated from my pad from most apps. Im interested to see what others have to say.

Most reactions