What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cant find Mobile Me

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi There

I was helping my son find his missing ipad, and after one search or another, I was being told about Mobile me, and how to fins it >>

settings/mail, contacts/add account/and saw no sighn of Mobile Me.

a) can anyone help please.

b) what is it used for

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There

I was helping my son find his missing ipad, and after one search or another, I was being told about Mobile me, and how to fins it >>

settings/mail, contacts/add account/and saw no sighn of Mobile Me.

a) can anyone help please.

b) what is it used for

Hi frenchman96. This may help re your questions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MobileMe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MobileMe has been phased out. It used to help owners of registered iDevices track them if needed, but that has been replaced by the Find My iPhone/iPad app. That app is useful only if you registered before losing your iDevice, and is of limited use even then, because a thief could wipe the device of all its content and render tracking useless.

The best protection for any electronic device is keeping it secured at all times.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys, makes all clear, my son used Find my Ipad yesterday, and as I thought, it was hidden in his house under all the mess.

another puzzle was, his facetime would not ring.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, makes all clear, my son used Find my Ipad yesterday, and as I thought, it was hidden in his house under all the mess.

another puzzle was, his facetime would not ring.

I'm glad it turned out well, in the end.

Most reactions

Latest posts