What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find it??

reevesjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Latest version of iPad. Wife bought a game (Tennis in the Face) from Amazon.com. The Amazon website says the purchase was made on 09/2/2013. Now we can't find it. We have the iPad for Dummies and I don't see a clue here. Searched the Apps page and inside the Games icon, still no trace of the game. Thanks for any help!!

OP
R

reevesjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another Clue?? I am now trying to download the Amazon Appstore to see if that is the problem. Amazon says: Open Settings & navigate to the Unknown sources option (under Applications or Security, depending on your device). And.....confirm the Unknown Sources option is checked.

I cannot find "Applications or Security" anyplace in the Settings app. So.....I cannot "confirm the Unknown Sources option is checked".

Maybe the Amazon Appstore cannot be downloaded to this latest iPad????

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't buy any apps/games for the iPad from Amazon. And, you cannot put the Amazon app store on the iPad. The only place you can get apps is from the AppStore. The Amazon app store is designed for those devices Amazon sells such as the Kindle Fire.

I'm sorry, but there is no way to put that game on the iPad.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not purchase iPad apps on Amazon.

The Amazon App Store is for Android devices, mostly the Kindle Fire. It's not the same operating system

The only place you can purchase apps for the iPad is in Apple's App Store. {unless you are jailbroken} You can get to the App Store by using the icon of the same name on the iPad. No need to download it; though you will need an account if you don't already have one. If you already have an Apple ID (iCloud account) be sure to use the same ID to prevent confusion down the road.

Trivia fact: Apple tried to sue Amazon and get them to change the name of their device's application store because they were afraid it would confuse people. They lost. App store was deemed to be a generic description and not trademark-able.

Last edited:

Most reactions