What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant find app on ipad

lines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased (free) and pressed the install button on an app but I had filled the limit on pages for apps on my ipad so the app isn't on there. I have deleted some apps but the one I one is still not showing up. But when I look at the app page in the app store the Install button is greyed out. Is there any way to get the app without synching with itunes? And if not will synching with itunes make the app available!

TIA!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know the answer for the app, but it seems like you haven't discovered folders. Hold an app until all start wiggling. You can then drag an app on top of another and a folder will be formed. You can name the folder whatever you want. Drag other apps to the folder or make more folders the same way. While the apps are wiggling you can also rearrange them. Press the home button to stop the wiggling .

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lines said:
I purchased (free) and pressed the install button on an app but I had filled the limit on pages for apps on my ipad so the app isn't on there. I have deleted some apps but the one I one is still not showing up. But when I look at the app page in the app store the Install button is greyed out. Is there any way to get the app without synching with itunes? And if not will synching with itunes make the app available!

TIA!

Of your app store is updated then try pressing the "purchased" tab and see if the app can be re-downloaded from there!

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try rebooting the iPad and then look again for the app. If that doesn't work and if you are running the latest software 4.3.3, you should have a "Purchased" menu selection at the bottom of the App Store app where you may be able to download it again.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, I'm almost certain that spotlight will search it out for you whether it is visible or not. It is in there you just can't see it. After deleting a few apps or creating some folders as suggested above, a reboot should allow you to see it.

Last edited:
OP
L

lines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Rebooting cleared it up and the apps are there now. Thank you!!

mikeee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem I synced two apps that are quite legal although free from Novation via Itunes . still showing in Ituned but they do not show up on Ipad screen or in any folders .
Did a reboot as from above several times but no joy.
Have just downloaded the 5.1 Ipad manual and will study that. very tedious.
regards,
Mike.

Most reactions

Latest posts