What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't enter passcode

moniquep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turn my ipad on. my passcode screen comes up. and then.....i press buttons on the screen to enter the passcode. and....in the white boxes no black dots appear when i enter a number. confused i enter it again, and again..........and again, desperate for it to work. i jsut dont get it. the same thing keeps happening even when i turn it on and off

also tried the reset (power and home button)...still no luck.

Can anyone help?
THANKS

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the lock screen first comes up, just quickly tap the power (top) button, then enter your password. Works for me.

OP
M

moniquep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tapping power button didn't work

Thanks Pocobear, but tapping the power button didn't work. Hope others have some suggestions too!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you say you reset the device, did you hold the home and power buttons until the unit shut off and then restarted itself?

If you did, then the only thing I can recommend is a full restore using iTunes, and if that doesn't work, a trip to your Apple store for a replacement...

OP
M

moniquep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks...sorry for delay; a friend had it for the week to check into it. I ended up getting the passcode to work by triple tapping keys for the code. then I had trouble getting anything to work so friend took it for tech. learned the triple tap on home key put it in voice override (or something)...all fixed and working great now.
appreciate the help on this forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts