What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download adobe flash player to ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what, I am even going to change what I was writing because it isnt worth it to try and compete with some of you because what we think never seems to matter. That being said have a great day =)

Well ~ this was respectful, David! Well done.;) I care what you think ~ just sayin...

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple made the iPad so it doesn't support flash but try iSwifter which provides flash for a minute for free unless you pay up. I advise you though to not get it because it's slooooowww.

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LMAO I find some people on here amusing at best, almost every site has some flash on it, you are really behind in the times if you think that flash isnt needed on most of the REAL web. I hate when people start in because THEY dont need flash, good for you, but leave the others alone who want and like it, simple as that.

I completely agree David. As a PC user, I'm used to being able to go to websites that use flash. When I bought my iPad, I was aware that I wouldn't be able to go to sites using flash. For the most part it's not been a big deal but occasionally it's annoying. Since I've found iswifter I use it for the few websites I visit that use flash. I understand that not having flash doesn't bother a lot of people but I also find it rude to say that if you go to websites using flash you're stupid and those websites are stupid (I know that's not verbatim but it sure is implied). If you don't need flash then that's great for you but for some of us it can be annoying at times. On the other hand, I knew it when I bought the iPad and don't complain about it- Apple never tried to hide the fact that you can't browse flash websites. On a side note- I've found it much easier to browse the web without running into flash issues since the time when I got my first iphone (almost 3 years ago)- thank html5!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple made the iPad so it doesn't support flash but try iSwifter which provides flash for a minute for free unless you pay up. I advise you though to not get it because it's slooooowww.

Very sluggish and unpredictable from what I hear. As are most flash apps for the iPad.

Yamasemi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, but ....

Got my iPad for Christmas. Not having Flash not a problem until a couple of weeks ago. Took it on a business trip instead of a laptop. Since I live in Japan, was particularly interested in the earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdown news. Both BBC and CNN websites rely *very* heavily on Flash videos for their reports, and I felt really deprived for the first time!

Also, is JB and FRASH a genuine solution?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my iPad for Christmas. Not having Flash not a problem until a couple of weeks ago. Took it on a business trip instead of a laptop. Since I live in Japan, was particularly interested in the earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdown news. Both BBC and CNN websites rely *very* heavily on Flash videos for their reports, and I felt really deprived for the first time!

Also, is JB and FRASH a genuine solution?

I am deeply saddened by the events that have taken place in your country my heart goes out to you and your friends and hope that non have suffered. In regard to the news I was able to view many videos of the earth quake here in Australia using BBC app plus another 6 news apps I have down loaded with out requirement of flash Have you looked into what is available? as it may help your situation. I am happy to research what would suit you if you want. I have sold my ipad and waiting on ipad 2 hopefully next week but that does not stop me assisting you

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plenty of news apps that streamed videos from there. U could always try out Iswifter, app that played flash video very well and streams sounds from sites. It works pretty well.

Yamasemi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Col for your sympathy and offer of help. Thank you too, Demandarin for your advice. Back in Japan now, thankfully far away from the terrible events up north, which are nevertheless really depressing. Anyhow I now have time to do some research into possible jailbreaking etc. Anyhow, thanks again. Y.

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use of html5 up 65% from a year ago....

Who else saw that chart....I forgot where it was published on line ? The point being that others are realizing the limits of flash and by next year it won't be an issue but because Jobs stuck by his belief that it was defective it forced change. Sometimes it be that way....seen the thread with people trying to create a mouse for iPad?....... Whaaaaaat? My son just told me he saw a mini type writer keyboard that fits up to the iPad and the stems pop up and touch the iPad screen as you "type"! It's all good. Jeanée

Reaction score
Some video sites such as hulu.com require flash player but I tried many times it came back as " download failure, safari unable to download flash player"
It was from adobe official site. Has someone encountered similar issue like this?
Thanks.

I too have encountered this problem. Unfortunately, an iPad does not have the proper resources to download adobe
Flash, I tried to download a website called animal jam on adobe flash one Time, but it said that iPads cannot
Download things. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts