What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete videos

eolake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
eReaderJoy.com
My iPad Pro won't delete videos, neither in the Videos app nor in iTuned Store.
When I try, usually the app freezes and has to be quit.
I've tried rebooting, doesn't help.
I see no way of deleting the videos app (to reinstall it)

Help??

Eolake

OP
eolake

eolake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
eReaderJoy.com
Update:
I saw in another thread that the deleting has to be done via iTunes on my computer.
I did that, or rather I un-synced it, which it told me would remove all videos on my iPad. (I could live with that.)

But it did not delete any videos, and I still can't delete videos, and the app still freezes when I try.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to Videos under Settings, you can toggle off the "Show Purchased Videos" option. Hopefully that will resolve your problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
eolake

eolake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
eReaderJoy.com
Thank you.
Well, it was already off. But turned it on and off again seems to have done *something* at least. I've successfully deleted a film and a couple of full seasons of tv episodes.
But there are still problems with deleting individual TV episodes. Sometimes they simply don't go away when I slide them to the left.
But right now it seems to go OK in Storage Management. Right now I can delete there.

-----
BTW, What is up with this option "show iTunes purchases"? Why would you *not* want to? Also, it says it will only show those which are downloaded, but when I turn it on, it shows *everything* I've ever bought. (At least for the account I'm logged into on iTunes Store, I am in the UK, but for some reason I have to have a US account too, to get The Simpsons.)

Thanks for helping!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you.
Well, it was already off. But turned it on and off again seems to have done *something* at least. I've successfully deleted a film and a couple of full seasons of tv episodes.
But there are still problems with deleting individual TV episodes. Sometimes they simply don't go away when I slide them to the left.
But right now it seems to go OK in Storage Management. Right now I can delete there.

-----
BTW, What is up with this option "show iTunes purchases"? Why would you *not* want to? Also, it says it will only show those which are downloaded, but when I turn it on, it shows *everything* I've ever bought. (At least for the account I'm logged into on iTunes Store, I am in the UK, but for some reason I have to have a US account too, to get The Simpsons.)

Thanks for helping!

"Show iTunes Purchaces" shows you everthing you've purchased from the iTunes Store. Items that are not on the iPad will have a cloud symbol next to them. The option lets you choose between seeing every show you've paid for (with a quick download option), or reduce the clutter and only see what's currently stored on the device.

As for the US/UK accounts, that's mostly up to the owners of the content and the various licencing deals involved. It's up to them to decide what content is available in which country. Apple only interferes if the content violates their guidelines or a country's laws.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi eolake, Am glad that worked. It's an interesting option. I discovered it some time back when I couldn't seem to get rid of a couple of videos I had finished with. They probably don't take up any real space, but hiding purchases does tidy things up! Best wishes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts