What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete tv shows from iPad mini ios8.1

DavidZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when I wanted to delete a downloaded tv show from my mini under ios7, I just swiped it and hit the delete button which came up and that got rid of it. Either that or went to manage memory then vidoes and deleted them from there. Someone said that in the vidoes ap,there was an edit button you could hit and do the same thing.

Since downloading ios8, I can't do any of that. The swipe function doesn't work, there is no edit button, and when I go to manage memory there is no video button.

Had to do a hard reset to get rid of them, but that is a pain and the problem recurs.

Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A hard reset? Holding down the Power and Home button until the Apple Logo appears? That should not delete anything.

Do the shows have a little cloud with a down arrow next to them? If so, they aren't actually on the iPad. They are your previously purchased videos/movies on the iTunes store. The cloud symbol means you can download them again if you want them.

To make the purchased videos go away, got to Settings > Videos and turn off Show All Videos.

This was possible in iOS 7 as well, but it's possible, even likely, that upgrading to iOS 8 turned this option back on. It's the default.

If I completely missed the mark you may want to look at some of our other threads about misbehaving iOS 8. The fix, in most cases, is to reinstall using iTunes on a computer.

Also, make sure you've updated to iOS 8.1. This fixed a lot of the issues people were having with the earlier versions.

Most reactions

Latest posts