What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete apps on iPad

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my mums iPad, usually on my iPad 2 I press and hold on the app and then a small X appears which allows me to delet it, on hers the apps just wiggle around but no X appears? So how do I delete apps or do I have to do it via iTunes whilst connected to the computer?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On her iPad go into Settings>General>Restrictions then check if deleting apps is switched to on or off.......then switch it the other way.

The Archangel

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, but be sure you're not trying to delete any of the "built-in" apps on the iPad (e.g Notes, Safari, etc.) Those cannot be deleted.

OP
B

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On her iPad go into Settings>General>Restrictions then check if deleting apps is switched to on or off.......then switch it the other way.

The Archangel

Thanks, the restrictions were on... Someone's been messing around with her iPad and has applied passwords on most stuff. Is there anyway to restore factory settings on the whole iPad system? :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try Settings>General>Reset and check out the options there or plug it into your PC and choose restore in iTunes.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts