What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't delete app/icon called ""

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect it to, though it might fix whatever is keeping your from deleting the icon manually. Not that I expect it to do that either. On the other hand, I've seen it fix issues I didn't expect before.

Usual Fixes is a file I keep handy for all the standard things you can try that won't delete data. I got tired of typing it all out over and over again, so now I keep this file, and just update it whenever I think I need too. Sometimes I'll delete the parts I don't think necessary, but mostly I just post the whole thing; on the theory that a particular trick might come in handy later, or for someone else.

What can I say? I'm just a bit lazy. :)
twerppoet,

It did not work. Any other ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet,

It did not work. Any other ideas?

You've tried everything I can think of, short of restoring the device.

If you an Apple store nearby it might be worth getting a Genius appointment and seeing what they say.

Or, if you happened to get Applecare when you purchased the device you could go the Tech Support route.

Sorry.

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You've tried everything I can think of, short of restoring the device.

If you an Apple store nearby it might be worth getting a Genius appointment and seeing what they say.

Or, if you happened to get Applecare when you purchased the device you could go the Tech Support route.

Sorry.

Admin,

Please close this.

The latest update 8.1.3 deleted the icon and, except for having to reset all the settings, the IpadAir is working fine.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Starman002

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's very good to hear. I certainly hope you don't have to go through that again anytime soon.

Most reactions