What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't connect to App Store and auto app deletion

Nayagist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I never update my ipad because i never needed to and I don't have the space for it anyway. Now and then I'd get the message saying ipad needs space for update, press ok to allow delete, or something along those lines. theres two options either cancel or ok. Today I accidentally pressed ok. It deleted my biggest app and now im having problems with App Store. I can open it and see the featured page. I think I can download them as well but when I use the search bar it says can't connect to App Store. I used google to open the app that got deleted in App Store and I'm currently downloading it back but I think it's coming from cloud. I don't know what to do and how to undo this or what was done to the ipad. Please help :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!

It's possible that your software is the reason that your iPad can't connect to the App Store. As you told us, it's not up to date.
Updating over the air (using Wi-Fi only) uses more of your storage space than updating via iTunes. If you have a computer, connect your iPad to it. Make sure there's a most recent backup before updating. This backup can be from iCloud or iTunes.
Update your iPad in iTunes. You can also re-download your app to your iPad when it's connected to iTunes.

Another reason why you get this message, could be your internet connection. To find out whether or not you're connected to the internet, open Safari and try to access a random site.
Maybe the download of the app needs most of your resources. Wait until the app is on your iPad, then try opening the App Store app again.

OP
N

Nayagist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums!

It's possible that your software is the reason that your iPad can't connect to the App Store. As you told us, it's not up to date.
Updating over the air (using Wi-Fi only) uses more of your storage space than updating via iTunes. If you have a computer, connect your iPad to it. Make sure there's a most recent backup before updating. This backup can be from iCloud or iTunes.
Update your iPad in iTunes. You can also re-download your app to your iPad when it's connected to iTunes.

Another reason why you get this message, could be your internet connection. To find out whether or not you're connected to the internet, open Safari and try to access a random site.
Maybe the download of the app needs most of your resources. Wait until the app is on your iPad, then try opening the App Store app again.
It sorted itself somehow. I went through safari to get the app since I couldn't use the search button in App Store. Let the app download while I was sleeping. Woke up, the app was fine and so was App Store. Thanks anyway, hopefully this info will help someone else :)

Most reactions