What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Close Downloads Window

TimmiAndi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an iPad for 6 months which came loaded with Safari. When I download an e mail attachment it opens a new screen which I can't close as I can only drag a small tab down from the top that shows new notifications.

Sometimes a toolbar with a Done button appears but it doesn't seem to work for a defined swiping motion - how do I get it to appear?

TIA

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had an iPad for 6 months which came loaded with Safari. When I download an e mail attachment it opens a new screen which I can't close as I can only drag a small tab down from the top that shows new notifications.

Sometimes a toolbar with a Done button appears but it doesn't seem to work for a defined swiping motion - how do I get it to appear?

TIA

Hi, welcome to iPF!
I hope you thought of the email app, when you posted this.
If it looks like this:

image-2740188717.jpg

then tap the document once to reveal this:

image-1599489786.jpg

Tapping "Done" will close the window again.

OP
T

TimmiAndi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, it's so easy. I was trying multi finger loops in every direction, must remember to try the obvious in future.

Most reactions

Latest posts