What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't close apps

felixapproach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double clicking the home key on my ipad is not working. I'm fairly certain that I'm doing it correctly because I have 2 ipads and it works on the other. I did notice a setting in accessibility for triple-click the home button, but nothing for double click. Is there another way to turn off apps or a way to turn on the double click home function? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing you've tried power recycling the iPad - i.e. switching completely off and not just putting to sleep? Next step might be a reboot....

Tim

OP
F

felixapproach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did power it off a few times by holding in the sleep button until the red slider came on, but did not seem to help. I tried to reboot by holding in the sleep button and home button for about 30 seconds, but nothing happened. The ipad seems to be working okay. It just seems to have this one quirk.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did power it off a few times by holding in the sleep button until the red slider came on, but did not seem to help. I tried to reboot by holding in the sleep button and home button for about 30 seconds, but nothing happened. The ipad seems to be working okay. It just seems to have this one quirk.

If holding down the Home and Power buttons doesn't cause the iPad to reboot then there's definitely a hardware problem and I'd return it to the Apple Store and get them to look at it. Most likely they'll give you a replacement, so back up the old one first.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts