What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't buy apps...?

Okgearhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't bought an app in a while, I tried to buy a game and I keep getting a message saying that I've never bought a game or app with this iPad, I've got like 37 I've bought on this iPad , anybody know what's going on ? Thanks, Tim.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Haven't bought an app in a while, I tried to buy a game and I keep getting a message saying that I've never bought a game or app with this iPad, I've got like 37 I've bought on this iPad , anybody know what's going on ? Thanks, Tim.
Looks excessively odd........... There is no reason why you cannot buy apps after not buying them for a long time. If you could post a screenshot, it would help us to help you in a better way. TO TAKE A SCREENSHOT : Push the home button and the power button simultaneously and then leave it. (NO LONG PRESS AS THAT WILL LEAD TO RESET) :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try signing out and back into your AppleID, and make sure it's the same AppleID that matches the purchasing account for those apps as well. I've had the same scenario once and doing so fixed the issue. You may or may not have to end the AppStore process in the multitasking bar prior to signing back in for Appstore.app to recache

OP
O

Okgearhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I signed out , reset iPad , signed back in, still same problem, it asks me to verify my password, then wants me to do the security questions, it doesn't like my answers,....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Open a browser and enter appleid.apple.com. Choose "Manage Apple ID". On the next page, sign in with your Apple ID/email address and password. Go to Password and Security, perhaps there's something you have to change.

In addition, it's always a good idea to add a rescue email address there, even if everything is okay. You'll need it in some cases.

Last edited:

sassygram

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen a while back but I thought maybe it was just because I hadn't bought anything for a while. But I just had to sign back in and then answer a security question. Thank goodness I had written them down & kept them. It made it very simple to fix this problem. Good lesson, too. We need to make sure to keep a record of ALL security questions for everything we sign up for that requires a password!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If all else fails follow the instructions on the Apple support site. They will send an email to your second email address. If that does not work they issue a reference number so you can call and reset the security questions. Apple will send a code to your iPad. Once you have gone through theses steps they reset the questions. It is then a matter of going through the questions write down the answers and all will be well.

Most reactions

Latest posts