What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Browse Top Charts in App Store

Kaps77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since yesterday afternoon I haven't been able to browse he Top Charts in the App Store. As soon as I hit the show more button, I get the chasing wheel-arrow and it never goes away. Has anyone else had this experience?

Kaps

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The App Store has glitches occasionally.

It seems to be working now. If the problem is still happening then try restarting the iPad. Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, and slide it off. Once the iPad is completely shut down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Takes about 3 seconds.

Go try the App Store. If it's still a problem let us know and we'll try to come up with some other possibilities.

OP
Kaps77

Kaps77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still does the same thing for me, but in all categories. I did completely restart it as well.

I also tried shutting down every app through the multiple-task bar. I even uninstalled the last app that I purchased. Nothing helps. BTW, it is also happening in all categories now, including the Top Grossing section.

Kaps

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I've got to apologize for not reading more closely.

I can duplicate your problem. I hit the more button, it gets more once, then stays locked in perpetual wheel spin. It must be a problem with the store. Nothing we can do until Apple gets around to fixing it. Well, we could go to support and report it, though I doubt we would be the first.

OP
Kaps77

Kaps77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already reported it. The store also isn't showing that I purchased some items that I know I own. It is broken!

Update - the problem has been fixed by Apple.

Thanks,
Kaps

Last edited:

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just borrowing the thread (if that's okay). Where can I see local top charts? I would like to see what apps are the most downloaded in my country and in my language?

Is that possible somewhere?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are logged into your iTunes account, local charts are what you should be seeing. Unless your account is set up in a different country.

I don't know of any way to change stores on the iPad, unless you have a second account in that country. Then you could just sign out with one ID and sign back in with the other. You do that at the bottom of the screen.

On the computer you can go to the bottom, there are a bunch of links. Under the Manage column is an option to change country. At least it is there in the US store. I changed it to South Africa on a whim, it signed me out and took me to the store, but there was no link at the bottom for choosing a new country was gone.

Fortunately when I tried to sign in again it told me my ID was only good in the US, and took me back to the US store.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And to not to subtly slide back on topic, the Show More feature in the Top Charts tab seem to be working tonight. At least for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts