What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant access my mail on i pad, password n username wrong but they are

aaroncapes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey can someone please help me, my girlfriend tryed sending some emails with images a lot of them, now we cant get into the mail app, it's saying the password and username is wrong, or the exchange password.
I've read a little about it and I think it's a bandwidth limit bug? Trying to send to bigger emails. If read about some ways to get around it like deleting the received files folder or getting into utilities and fixing it from there. Do I have to have my iPad connected to a computer to fix this. Need help, need our emails while traveling : (

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try the common fixes below. If that does not work, try deleting and re-adding your account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. You'll lose anything that was stuck in the Outbox, but should otherwise be fine.

If none of that works, give us a little more detail on your account type/provider, and maybe someone will have a better idea of what's happening.

----------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
aaroncapes

aaroncapes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey man thanks heaps for the help, I've tried deleting the account and loading it again but it says the password is incorrect. So,times it says that sometimes it says the "exchange password s in correct" might be the same?
I read that it is to do with the bandwidth limit bug, sending to bigger emails, I've sent alot of images through emails so if used my limit and there still being sent in a outbox or sent.? It seems there's a good link to get around the bug or something,
Can u help? Cheers much appreciated

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never heard of a bandwidth bug. If bandwidth is indeed the problem, try going to a hotspot and seeing if the email will send.

You can try changing your email password on the server, then deleting and re-adding the account using the new password. That's been known to work for some people.

From what you say, you probably have an Exchange account of some kind. This does not apply to those type accounts, but in case you're using a different account type, there is an internet port 25 relay problem with some account types. With this account you can not send emails if you are not connected to the ISP that provides your email account. You can sometimes fix this by going into the advanced settings in your account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Your Account and turning on SSL. Or in some cases you have to contact your ISP and find out what port you should change your outgoing SMTP connection to.

This problem does not affect your ability to receive email.

A workaround might be for you to get a second account, GMail perhaps, and use that to send emails until you get home and figure out what the heck is going on. It'll be a bit awkward juggling your mail in on one account and out on another, but better than no mail at all.

Some things that might help.

If you got to Google's site, you can set Gmail up to automatically fetch email from other accounts.

Or you can visit your normal accounts website and set it up to forward emails to the GMail account.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts