What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cant access book store after last update

iangt9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the latest update I am unable to access the book store via the "books" app. I also noticed that when I press the bottom button, the screen no longer shuts down, it does close down when I close the cover though.
Any help please!

regards

Ian

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After the latest update I am unable to access the book store via the "books" app. I also noticed that when I press the bottom button, the screen no longer shuts down, it does close down when I close the cover though.
Any help please!

regards

Ian
To access the iBooks store all you have to do is tap the Featured, Top Charts, or Top Authors buttons at the cotton of the screen. This has replaced the store button in previous versions of the iBooks app.
The power button is located at the top right corner of the iPad when the home button is at the bottom centre. This is what should turn off the screen and put the iPad to sleep. It will also wake up the iPad if pressed when the iPad is asleep. Does it perform any other of its functions properly?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They have really put the store front and center in the new app. I'm of two minds on this.

One, it feels a bit too mercantile.

Two, at least I don't have to explain how to get to the iBook Store to new users. Old users, of course, have to unlearn a couple habits.

OP
iangt9

iangt9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To access the iBooks store all you have to do is tap the Featured, Top Charts, or Top Authors buttons at the cotton of the screen. This has replaced the store button in previous versions of the iBooks app.
The power button is located at the top right corner of the iPad when the home button is at the bottom centre. This is what should turn off the screen and put the iPad to sleep. It will also wake up the iPad if pressed when the iPad is asleep. Does it perform any other of its functions properly?

Thanks for your reply,I can now access the store.
The other point was, Iused to be able to close the screen by just tapping the bottom button once - this feature no longer works.
Also, the whole service is now very slow.
Regards
Ian

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your home button will not return you to the home screen from whatever page, app, or site you're on it may be malfunctioning. To turn off the screen and put the iPad to sleep like when you close the Smart Cover you have to press the power button at the top right, when held with the home button at the bottom.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After updating, resetting the iPad, using Home and Power button, is a good idea. Sometimes you'll have to do it twice to notice a change in performance.

In general, the software will need some time to work as expected on your device.

Most reactions

Latest posts