What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canon cameras and iPad

fishr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't transfer photos from my Canon Powershot SD 1400 IS to my iPad. When I connect my cable to my iPad nothing happens. The cable works (I tried it with another camera and it works when connected to my computer). The funny thing is I can transfer pics from an older Canon camera no problem. Apple tech support is stumped.

Any answers out there?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Grabbed this off the Apple Support site a few days ago. Don't remember exactly where.

If your camera supports both PTP and Mass Storage Device modes, it may be necessary to use both modes to import all media content. If some files do not import as expected using one mode, try switching to the other mode and importing again. Note: Some cameras may refer to PTP as Pictbridge or PTP/Pictbridge.

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't transfer photos from my Canon Powershot SD 1400 IS to my iPad. When I connect my cable to my iPad nothing happens. The cable works (I tried it with another camera and it works when connected to my computer). The funny thing is I can transfer pics from an older Canon camera no problem. Apple tech support is stumped.

Any answers out there?

Have you tried using the SD card reader rather than the camera cable?

OP
F

fishr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll get in touch with Canon

I'm not sure I understand any of that but I'll talk to Canon and see what they say. Thanks.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to NHBeast

I have no problem whatsoever using the camera attachment with SDHC cards from any of my Canon cameras. It will not, however, accept a CF USB card reader as that requires more power than the iPad has.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
I have no problem whatsoever using the camera attachment with SDHC cards from any of my Canon cameras. It will not, however, accept a CF USB card reader as that requires more power than the iPad has.

I would bet the OP's camera takes an SD card. I'm not sure why he/she would choose to use the cable rather than just insert the card in the camera connector for the SD cards.

I have tried two of my card readers for the CF cards for my Canon 5D but they aren't powered snd don't reslly work so In that case I do use the miniUSB cable that came with the camera to copy my files to the Ipad. I use the CC slotted for the SD cards for my various cards from my m4/3 system. All work just fine. My husband uses the same CC to copy the files from his Canon G9’s SD card to his IPad. Worke fine also.

To the OP: Try using the card in the CC. Your camera may have an issue rather than the cable.

Diane B

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my camera card reader. I use a Cannon but still use the card reader. It takes the worry out of uploading pictures.

Most reactions

Latest posts