Cannot use FaceTime or Skype without headset MIC; used to work fine b4 IOS6 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Moojack320, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Moojack320

Moojack320 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. I'm new to this, in search of help. I use Skype a lot and FaceTime a bit. For about 1 year, everything worked fine,
    referring particularly to the microphone. I believe it was the first time I used Skype after updating the IOS to IOS 6;
    suddenly I could not be heard, but I could still hear on the speakers, as before. I re-installed Skype: no joy. FaceTime
    was the same. The Apple store (locally, at home in Canada) checked my iPad by plugging it into their Mac and doing somechecks, and said it appeared the hardware was fine, no apparent issues. They suggested re-installing the IOS, told me
    how to do it, which I did; still no joy.

Anybody got any suggestions? It works fine with the Apple headset/mic, but that's a bit of a nuisance....... HELP, please!
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 1
    Maybe the microphone opening is clogged with something that stops it from picking up the sound of your voice. If you have a small nozzle for your vacuum cleaner, try sucking out whatever may be in there.