What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot update/delete app

OP
anneUK

anneUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It didn't restart. I tried many times and then chatted online to Apple last night. They suggested various things before making an appointment for me to take it in on Monday.
This morning, in sheer frustration, I held onto the restart buttons for ages and eventually a picture of 'attach cable to iTunes' came up. It then wanted to do a software update but even that didn't work.
I tried again, told it to recover from a recent backup, and it came up with 'set up as new iPad or restore'.
I set restore and at last I got the thing working again!
I shall keep using it today and tomorrow before cancelling my Monday appointment (I hope!).

Just thought you may like an update and maybe it will help someone else.
Thanks again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It didn't restart. I tried many times and then chatted online to Apple last night. They suggested various things before making an appointment for me to take it in on Monday.
This morning, in sheer frustration, I held onto the restart buttons for ages and eventually a picture of 'attach cable to iTunes' came up. It then wanted to do a software update but even that didn't work.
I tried again, told it to recover from a recent backup, and it came up with 'set up as new iPad or restore'.
I set restore and at last I got the thing working again!
I shall keep using it today and tomorrow before cancelling my Monday appointment (I hope!).

Just thought you may like an update and maybe it will help someone else.
Thanks again.
That's very good news! Thanks for the update.

Most reactions

Latest posts