What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot uninstall app after installing iOS8

Hemambara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed javaone14 app after installing iOS 8. I tried to uninstall it by pressing on the app for 2 seconds. I got the cross mark to uninstall the app as usual, but I could not click on the cross mark. After that I see that the app icons are shaking and I could not do any thing else. It's a complete stuck. Hi tried to switch it off but I could not. After some time it is getting switched off automatically and I am good to use my iPad then. I am using iPad 4. Can u suggest ??

Also when I am typing this message I got total hung. I never seen my iPad hung like that.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going to Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down the list until you find the app. Then you tap on it and tap the red Delete App button and your app should be deleted.
As to your other problem, try a reset. Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons. Let us know if it helps.

OP
H

Hemambara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I have to go to manage storage and delete it twice to Completely delete the app. I think the problem is with that app then. I thought iOS is not vulnerable to virus?? Is it true?

Most reactions