What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot sned/receive message on iMessage

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I haven't used iMessenge in my iPad to coz everytime I try to send message it says message not delivered. I'm using my apple id as the caller id. What could be wrong here? Btw, I have no connection issues.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Tifalock

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tifalock said:
Hi, I'm new here. I haven't used iMessenge in my iPad to coz everytime I try to send message it says message not delivered. I'm using my apple id as the caller id. What could be wrong here? Btw, I have no connection issues.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Tifalock

You can only send iMessage from an iPad to another idevice if they have registered iMessage on their device and have setup correctly.
They also need to be connected to the Internet in some form , 3G or wireless.

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to send iMessage to my sisters. They both have iPad and registered accounts. They can iMessage each other but not me. We're both using stable wifi connection

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like this. :(

Attachments

• image-2328559073.jpg
    image-2328559073.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image-2878909248.jpg
    image-2878909248.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 301

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will normally get this message if there's a problem with my or the recipients Internet connection or if they do not have iMessage set up correctly on their iPad. But as you say that your sisters have been messaging each other, make sure you have their address entered correctly and that yours is also input correctly.....also that you don't have an extra space before or after the email address.

If this is not it, close your iMessage app completely and relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, see if it's operating. If not a restart and/or reset is in order.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

I didn't know that restart is different from a reset. from what you said about the method, I think I did I already did a restart so many time but no success so far. I closed all the running programs then did a restart. After I read your reply, I tried a reset but it didn't work also. I doublechecked the email recipient and I'm quite sure that it is correct. Anyway,I really appreciate your reply.

Is there any other solution?

Thank you very much,
Tifalock <3

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tifalock said:
Thank you for the replies.

I didn't know that restart is different from a reset. from what you said about the method, I think I did I already did a restart so many time but no success so far. I closed all the running programs then did a restart. After I read your reply, I tried a reset but it didn't work also. I doublechecked the email recipient and I'm quite sure that it is correct. Anyway,I really appreciate your reply.

Is there any other solution?

Thank you very much,
Tifalock <3

I've just run across this and wonder if it applies to your connection
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4245

iPad 2 3G 64gb

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have "Show Subject Field" turned on? I've heard before that people have mistakenly entered their message in this field. Turning it off helps.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin....I thought if you did type in the subject field by mistake that the send button would not work at all.

Tifalock ....many people have more that 1 email, are you sure the email addresses you have for your sisters are the ones that they have on their iMessage account? Just a thought...you never know.

Another thing to try is to turn iMessage off and then reactivate it again.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clutching at straws Leelai.

I would try an alternative email address in the Receive At... Field.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@kevinjs: I turned off the subject line option. I also did changed the received at as you said and it is different from my itunes id. But it didnt work also. I turned off iMessage then signed in using my itunes id and filled up another email for the receive at address. But it still not working. :(

@leelai: no, I'm sure that it's not a connection issue. As I said earlier, I have 2 sisters who have their iMessage perfectly working. I make sure that the email is correct. One sister is living with me and were both using the same connection. I have no connection issues using this iPad.

I already did your suggestions but it still doesnt work. Thank you for your response :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I cannot help you better here.....I vaguely remember something that has been written here in the threads about iMessage and what system it uses and that it can be a tad flaky at times....that's all I have but will keep searching for something.

I just hope someone else can think of a reason why this is happening to you.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be a Restriction? Do you have any set?....

yes I would think FaceTime wouldn't work if iMessage doesn't either. Good thinking Kevin!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
tifalock

tifalock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I'm sorry I cannot help you better here.....I vaguely remember something that has been written here in the threads about iMessage and what system it uses and that it can be a tad flaky at times....that's all I have but will keep searching for something.

I just hope someone else can think of a reason why this is happening to you.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Thank you. I really hope I do find solution for my problem. Thank you very much :)

Most reactions

Latest posts