What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannot send email but can receive

asep.sopyan1205

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have configure my email using POP3/smtp email

I just try send email from my ipad2, and it was fail. I try to send from yahoo to my email it can go to my inbox, the error message is :

The receipient [email protected] was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying.

Need advise, please..

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is hte Port 25 relay problem. Many providers do not allow you to send email unless you are on their network. This is because the way email works they can't be sure it's really you, and want to prevent other people from sending emails pretending to be you.

Sometimes this can be fixed by turning on SSL authentication in your account's settings. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and tap on the problem account. You'll need to dig a bit to find the SSL settings. It's not always in the same place. Generally if there are more settings available under any field there is an arrow at the right of that field. Tap the arrows untill you find the SSL settings and turn it on.

Good Luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts