What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot see Google Street view in iPad2

KarlHev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my website of a famous London street, I have on the Home page an option to see the beginning of this street in 'Google street view'. when I click on it, it flashes by and disappears.
Any solutions please, to resolve this problem.
You may see the glitch at www.portobelloroad.org.uk
many thanks
KarlHev

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

This is the result with my iPad Air when I try to open Street View on the website you provided:
image.jpg

As you see, there's an arrow I added. There's a kind of workaround, maybe it'll help you. Tap "Map" in the Pubs and Bars window. This is the next page, here select "Satellite":
image.jpg

That done, enlarge the map:
image.jpg

This is what it will look like. You'll be able to slide to the left/right/upwards/downwards to take a closer look at the street.

Hope that helps.

OP
KarlHev

KarlHev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. This is not what I actually want. I will experiment a bit, to find out a solution to see something nearer, when the link is clicked. Will let you know.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry that this doesn't help. I hope you'll find a better solution. Good luck!

OP
KarlHev

KarlHev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Johanna
Resolved. The problem was with an OLD API code for the map itself.
now re-coded and all is OK
regards
KH

Most reactions

Latest posts