What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot rotate my iPad

Elan2223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 will not rotate. I cannot take off the lock in settings. It will not turn off. I was able to rotate after I went into a site, but now I cannot rotate it at all. Please help. Thanks.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Elan2223 said:
My iPad 2 will not rotate. I cannot take off the lock in settings. It will not turn off. I was able to rotate after I went into a site, but now I cannot rotate it at all. Please help. Thanks.

Hi Élan and welcome to iPF. I am sorry for the late reply. Go to Settings > General > Side switch...see below...

image-4169211452.jpg

Make sure it is set like this. Then look at the little button slide switch above the volume toggle switch on the right side at the top and make sure that the red dot is not visible. If set like this you should be fine. Finally, if all fails..reset/reboot your iPad like this...

Hold the power/sleep button and the home button down at the same time and continue holding until the Apple logo appears. Let go and your iPad should restart although it may take longer than usual. See if that solves your problem.

Check back if not....okay?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts