What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot resync photos

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had over 9000 photos on my ipad2. Somehow all photos are gone.
Have been trying all things suggested in the forum, but still will not resync them back on my ipad. I have all photos on my macbook pro. only have had this a few weeks and really don't know much about mac.
Someone suggested I delete the photo cache. I have no idea how to do that.
I did it on the ipad2, but still no photos would sync. Do I have to do this on my
macbook pro? and if so, how do I do that?
If I erase all content and settings on my ipad2, would that solve my problem?

I did all the shut down the ipad2 and also changed the names on the photos to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I located the ipod photo cache on my macbook pro and deleted it.
I completely powere off my ipad2. I synced it again and no photos were
transfered to the ipad2.

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe someone here who is more computer savy than I am can help you better. ...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Just checking, but when did you notice the photos were gone? After a sync?

Have you checked in itunes when the ipad is connected that the sync photos is ticked? As it sounds like for some reason, it got unticked, and then when synced, the photos were then removed from the ipad, and because it is unticked, it will not sync them back to the ipad

When i say sync photos, i mean the photos tab

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually , it happened after a reset a few weeks ago and then yesterday also after reseting my iPad . Deleting the photo cache was the answer both times for me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checking, but when did you notice the photos were gone? After a sync?

Have you checked in itunes when the ipad is connected that the sync photos is ticked? As it sounds like for some reason, it got unticked, and then when synced, the photos were then removed from the ipad, and because it is unticked, it will not sync them back to the ipad

When i say sync photos, i mean the photos tab

Where in itunes is there a place where you can tick and untick photos?
I go to the advanced tab and mark the photo files I want synced.
Am I missing something about placing a tick on photos?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Where in itunes is there a place where you can tick and untick photos?
I go to the advanced tab and mark the photo files I want synced.
Am I missing something about placing a tick on photos?

There isn't. You can only tick and untick folders, or albums in iPhoto. You do that in the Photos sync settings in iTunes. You device must be connected and selected under the devices list in the left column. Here are some pictures of what syncing with iPhoto and folders looks like.

Attachments

• iTunes_iPhoto.jpg
    iTunes_iPhoto.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 298
  • iTunes-PicFolder.jpg
    iTunes-PicFolder.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 225

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there anything you do not know, Poet? I wanna be like you when I grow up.:D

Well, I'm still working on the faster than light atomic rocket I mentioned in another thread. I figure that if I can present that to NASA they might bend the rules a bit and let and overweight 50 year old become an astronaut :D

For every trick I post, there are at least a dozen I bypass because I have no idea how to help. I subscribe to most of those threads, in hope that I'll learn something, and it pays off fairly often.

Lots of people with lots of knowledge hanging out around here. I think most of them have jobs. I don't, so I'm often free and with the time to go into the details.

As far as fixing the problem, don't think this is going to do the job, but it might make sure everyone is talking about the same thing, and that's always a good start.

OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet,
After three evenings trying to figure this photosync thing out. After reading your post, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.
Got back my 9265 photos.

Thank you, thank you.
duane518

Most reactions