What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Cannot RESTORE, ERROR 3200" ....After downloading io5...

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it! After it left me with a blank iPad and I restored then it loaded iOS 5 then had to restore last back up. Then apps took awhile.

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the famous Error 3200, so like everyone else tryed the upgrade over and
over.

Finally told me my iPad did not have any valid OS or Apps and could not upgrade it???
What ??? It wiped it clean.

So now I've been running the restore option for over 2 hours.
I'm dead in the water. Can I get my paid apps back from the store
if there not in the restore?

This has NOT been a good experience today.
Any advice appreciated.

Mjmoore17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried over a dozen times. It was taking 14 minutes to backup and then crash with error 3200. I finally tried to just "restore" and refuse backup. it still crashed about 6 times but the difference was it crashed in less than one minute. I finally connected, the restore to IOS 5 worked and it then asked to restore my last backup from an hour ago. Backup worked fine and i am good to go. Saved a lot of time not to do backup each time.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had to download the update about three times due to errors. Then after getting the error 3200 more times than I can remember, it finally updated my iPad. I had pretty much resigned to forgetting about for a few days but I figured I would give it one more try. I hit update, walked away and actually forgot about it and came back about an hour later to iOS 5!

Keep trying:)

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
qnet said:
I finally got it installed. When I got a message that said the server was unavailable (like I had been told) I stopped for a while, tried it again and, it worked.

Alright, you finally got it! I still have to get my iPod updated, but I can wait on that!! Have fun!!!!

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have the record... 6 hours 20 minutes from start to finish! But, all is good now.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
I think I have the record... 6 hours 20 minutes from start to finish! But, all is good now.

Alright!! I think you definitely showed perseverance with attempting to update for that long!! I am still getting used to the keyboard-split that is!!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iJdotLeal said:
Am I the only one getting "unknown error 3194"????

Are you still having that error, or were you able to complete the download? Is it time out error from the server?

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When getting the 3300 error and others put the iGadget in airplane mode and try the reinstall.

Most reactions

Latest posts