What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot reset passcode even when following instruction from Apple,

Daguerre101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

I have an Ipad that I have to reset the passcode. The user left the company without leaving the passcode so I do not know it.

If I go to Apple website, it says:
  1. Disconnect all cables from your device.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK. Then restore the device.
My problem is the point 6... The option I have is to update or update and restore. No click OK... Since I want to restore I have to choose update and restore but they ask me the passcode to install the update... So useful! :)

How can I simply say that I want the Ipad resetted?

Thank you for your help!
Dag

OP
D

Daguerre101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By default, Icloud is not on on the Ipad I give but the users could still activate it if he wants. Well seems that I am stuck! :(

Most reactions

Latest posts