What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot print from Quick Office HD Pro since IOS 7

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot print from Quick Office HD Pro since I installed IOS 7.
When I select print the app closes down and takes be back to the Ipad Home Page.

OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you.
I have downloaded the App but my documents ( which are numerous ) on the HD Pro version were in Dropbox on my PC and I could edit in thd HD version and it would sync across.
I am not all that conversant with IT.
The free version I have just downloaded seems to link to Google Drive which I do have but hardly use.
I am not sure how I access my Dropbox folders in Quick Office now that I have the free version - or is compatibility with Dropbox now gone.
If it has gone are there any apps like the thd HD version which will allow me to access and amend my Dropbox docs where most of my data is stored?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The one I'm using with Dropbox is CloudOn. There's a free and a paid verion.
Maybe you'll get other suggestions as well.

Quickoffice only works with Google Drive, and the "old" app that you used before will not be supported any more.

Last edited:
OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the free version but it seems that I have to pay a fee to print - Is there anything similar which is compatible with Dropbox and has a printing capacity built in?

OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but I select the printer select print and nothing happens - I can print from other applications on the Ipad but not Quck Office HD Pro or Dropbox which are vital ones

OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still struggling with this problem.
My data - home/ personal documents mainly word and excel are in Dropbox which I really like - just need to find an app that will print my stuff in Dropbox from my Ipad - can't print directly from Dropbox - tried last night - selected print and nothing happened so opened up PC which I rarely use and printed from there

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I don't have the office program - I just wanted to talk about the "not printing from Dropbox" problem.

Is your Dropbox app fully updated? If it is, may I suggest you contact the developers to see if they can help. I say this because my iPad3 on iOS 7.0.3 just successfully printed a page, from Dropbox, on my wireless Epson Workforce printer. So, it may be something with your Dropbox app. Or, it's not talking properly to the printer.

So, maybe the developers can help?

Marilyn

OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn.
Dropbox app is up to date.
I select a doc in Dropbox it asks me to select a printer - it sees my HP air print printer I select it - I select print - I get the usual sending to printer message and then nothing happens.
I will as you suggest contact the developer - never done that before - how do I make contact ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the Dropbox support e-mail (taken from their web site): https://www.dropbox.com/support/login. I'd just send them an e-mail to ask for help.

While I was searching, I saw one suggestion in the Apple support forums to download an HP print app to see if that will help to print from Dropbox. So, here's the link for HP's "official" print app for the iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-eprint/id299531647?mt=8. Heck, it might work or help... :)

There's a bunch of HP company apps in the AppStore. If the above doesn't help, maybe look at them?

Marilyn

OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,:)
I will contact Dropbox support.
In the meantime I have got the HP free app and have printed a Word doc as it can print from Dropbox which is great
I will try it again tomorrow.

OP
K

Keith66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn - here is the reply I received from Dropbox Support

"Hi Keith,
Printing isn't currently a feature of Dropbox unfortunately."

The good news is that I have continued to use the HP print App as a work around to the problem.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn - here is the reply I received from Dropbox Support

"Hi Keith,
Printing isn't currently a feature of Dropbox unfortunately."

The good news is that I have continued to use the HP print App as a work around to the problem.

Well, while it's odd that they'd say that (remember, I printed from my Dropbox app just fine) - I'm lad that your workaround continues to, well, work for you. :)

Thanks for updating us on this. It may very well help others in the future.

Marilyn

Most reactions