1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cannot open file

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by ian247, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ian247

ian247 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there, I recently downloaded several rented films to my computer. I then transferred them to my I pad intending to watch them on holiday. When I tried to watch one on the plain it came back "cannot open file." Every film gave the same result. On arrival at the hotel I connected to the Internet and tried again. All films were available to watch. I have never had this problem before watching on a plain. Has anyone any ideas where I went wrong?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +755 / 0
    Hi Ian - welcome to the forum! :)

I don't have an immediate answer for you because more information is needed: 1) From where did you download the movies (e.g. iTunes); 2) What format were the downloads (many video options exist); 3) How did you transfer the files to your iPad; and 4) How are you trying to play the films on the device? Plus, you may want to provide the model of your iPad & the iOS being used. Sorry for these questions, but hard to provide a quick response - let us know.
  3. ian247

ian247 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Giradman and thank you for your welcome. I have rented films many times before with no problems. I have only ever downloaded sd films from i tunes. I have an I pad 2 os 6.1.3(10b329) model m6769 b/a. When transferring films I just go to films in library, click on move and apply. All the films were successfully downloaded as I was able to watch them as soon as I had reconnected to the Internet for a second. I did power down the I pad for take off but I believe that I do that every time. I'm not sure about that as I may have had it on flight safe other times. It's not a serious problem but any thoughts you have may help.