What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot open file

ian247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I recently downloaded several rented films to my computer. I then transferred them to my I pad intending to watch them on holiday. When I tried to watch one on the plain it came back "cannot open file." Every film gave the same result. On arrival at the hotel I connected to the Internet and tried again. All films were available to watch. I have never had this problem before watching on a plain. Has anyone any ideas where I went wrong?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ian - welcome to the forum! :)

I don't have an immediate answer for you because more information is needed: 1) From where did you download the movies (e.g. iTunes); 2) What format were the downloads (many video options exist); 3) How did you transfer the files to your iPad; and 4) How are you trying to play the films on the device? Plus, you may want to provide the model of your iPad & the iOS being used. Sorry for these questions, but hard to provide a quick response - let us know.

OP
I

ian247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Giradman and thank you for your welcome. I have rented films many times before with no problems. I have only ever downloaded sd films from i tunes. I have an I pad 2 os 6.1.3(10b329) model m6769 b/a. When transferring films I just go to films in library, click on move and apply. All the films were successfully downloaded as I was able to watch them as soon as I had reconnected to the Internet for a second. I did power down the I pad for take off but I believe that I do that every time. I'm not sure about that as I may have had it on flight safe other times. It's not a serious problem but any thoughts you have may help.

Most reactions

Latest posts