What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot log into imessages app

Amethystium0818

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since its been long time since i have used this app, it is requiring me to login with my apple id and password to verify. But when i put password and click done it gives me back the same page saying login or create a new account (it is not saying username or password incorrect). I am updating applications and i used to login into icloud and it worked fine so why its not letting me login into the imessage application? I have also created security questions and answers as apple required me to do so. I dont think that would create any problem. Someone help me plz? Thanks!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Have you tried to do the following?

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts