What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot log in to Yahoo through Safari

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a member of a few Yahoo groups and cannot log in using my iPad.

The sign in page comes up, I put in my username and password. The verification screen comes up. I put in the code. Yahoo comes back telling me to sign in again.

Tried it using my laptop - no problem.

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks in advance!

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie on the IPAD 3....but had a similar problem logging in until I made sure I had not put the Settings>Safari>Private browsing tab on "Private". For some reason, YAHOO will not accept browsing unless you accept their cookies. It worked for me on the setting "Accept Cookies" from visited. Hope that helps

OP
AlexisW

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am a newbie on the IPAD 3....but had a similar problem logging in until I made sure I had not put the Settings>Safari>Private browsing tab on "Private". For some reason, YAHOO will not accept browsing unless you accept their cookies. It worked for me on the setting "Accept Cookies" from visited. Hope that helps

Thank you!

I tried it and apparently I had already gone over the limit for tries. But it sure looked promising for a while!

I have to wait 24 hours to try again. PITA!

Thanks again!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most email and other interactive website require you to accept cookies. This is because the temporary data they use to keep track of what you are doing are all stored in cookies. None of these sites should need you to accept all cookies; just 'from visited'.

OP
AlexisW

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most email and other interactive website require you to accept cookies. This is because the temporary data they use to keep track of what you are doing are all stored in cookies. None of these sites should need you to accept all cookies; just 'from visited'.

I had that set just as you stated, just not the private browsing thing. If I still can't get in, Oh Well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Safari and clear Data and Cookies.

After doing this you'll find you'll need to log back into all the sites that were remembering you.

OP
AlexisW

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Safari and clear Data and Cookies.

After doing this you'll find you'll need to log back into all the sites that were remembering you.

Yup. Did that too.

One strange thing was that the keyboard would keep collapsing while I was entering the verification code. When I was done I'd get the sign on page again saying that my sign on was wrong - an endless loop.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The most common reason for the keyboard collapsing is that the site is not finished loading.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts