What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot get mail

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep getting a pop up saying cannot get IMAP.comcast.net mail, but I actually do get the mail. I think this started with the latest os update, but can't swear to it. Anyone have any ideas...?

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try deleting and re-adding your Comcast account. Make sure you know the settings before you do so. Since it's IMAP, you should not lose anything.

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did do that, but I kept getting the same error msg. It's very strange, because it will get the mail, but still give me the error msg. Very strange...

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did do that, but I kept getting the same error msg. It's very strange, because it will get the mail, but still give me the error msg. Very strange...

If not already done, I would suggest resetting your iDevice (might want to give us information on which model you own and what iOS is installed?) - for a 'Reset', hold down both ON-OFF & HOME keys until the Apple logo appears, then release and wait for your iPad to reboot. You might want to also power recycle your modem and router, i.e. pull the plugs, wait, replug the modem, wait, and then replug the router.

If these maneuvers do not help, go to the Comcast mail website HERE and sign in to check your settings and see if there may be any comments related to your issue. Good luck and let us know if any of these suggestions helps. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Might be an issue with the email server itself then. If it's a bit slow responding to requests from the iPad then you can get the symptoms you're experiencing. A poor internet connection could do the same thing. Dropped packets can cause delays that might convince the iPad it can't connect, and then connect anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts