What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Get Mail Message??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Recently started getting this message "Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed"
Clicking "OK" then, and all is well. Comes up every so often on "any" Wi FI system I use!

Thanks......Ken

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if the Mail app is already trying to connect to the server before your ipad has established a solid wifi connection?

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wonder if the Mail app is already trying to connect to the server before your ipad has established a solid wifi connection?

Thanks for the rapid reply "d". Well...the wi Fi s on constantly. Bookmarks and so on work fine and instantly via the router.
My Wife has an identical IPAD 2 with 8.1.2 and dose not have this issue at all......Ken

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the rapid reply "d". Well...the wi Fi s on constantly.

Not necessarily. The iPad will drop the wifi if it has been a sleep for awhile, and it may take a few seconds to reconnect. This is not usually a problem as by the time you would open your browser, it would be good to go.

My point in regards to your email may apply if you have just woken up you IPad. Obviously if you get the same issue every time you try to check your email, then it is some other connectivity issue between your iPad and the mail server, not necessarily the iPad itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts