What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot get beyond 1 photo album

Lincolnlogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am just setting up a new replacement Ipad2. I have had the same problem with the original and replacement- when I sync photos, I am not allowed to use 'choose folder' and have to go with 'All Photos'. I have all the photos in a single folder on the desktop and it sync's properly. However, when I go to sync a separate folder, it wipes out the first transfer and replaces with the second. I cannot get beyond 1 album. I just downloaded the latest Ipad2 software(over 1 hour) and did a restore. No diff...... Your help would be appreciated!

Ipad 2 , Imac running OSX 10.8.6

Lincoln

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is maybe some setting of photos for replace the old one to the new,
Maybe you can try to reset the whole setting...

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have multiple albums of photos on my iPad. I did this by creating one main photo folder on my pc, named 'iPad photos', into which I have made subfolders, eg, New York holiday, Summer 2011 etc. I have four sub folders. Any photos I want on my iPad go in to this one main folder in their individual subfolders. If I want to delete some photos, I delete them from the subfolder in the main folder, and copy the whole main folder over to the iPad again. When I sync 'iPad photos', each sub folder appears as a separate album in the photos app.

All my photos are kept elsewhere on my pc too. The iPad folder is used purely for putting photos on to my iPad.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lincolnlogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have multiple albums of photos on my iPad. I did this by creating one main photo folder on my pc, named 'iPad photos', into which I have made subfolders, eg, New York holiday, Summer 2011 etc. I have four sub folders. Any photos I want on my iPad go in to this one main folder in their individual subfolders. If I want to delete some photos, I delete them from the subfolder in the main folder, and copy the whole main folder over to the iPad again. When I sync 'iPad photos', each sub folder appears as a separate album in the photos app.

All my photos are kept elsewhere on my pc too. The iPad folder is used purely for putting photos on to my iPad.

Thanks JC,

I don't know what I did differently this time, but it worked!

Lincoln

Most reactions

Latest posts