What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot find sent folder or trash folder in email anymore how do i restore?

ferret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After the last iPad upgrade I have now lost my sent folder and trash folder. How can I recover these?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are you are just viewing your Inbox instead of your account.

Open Mail, and with your iPad in landscape view tap on the Mailbox button at the top left.

You should see two lists, one for Inboxes and one for accounts. If you choose the Inbox that is all you will see. If you choose the account you will see all the folders that are synced with the account.

If that is not the problem, then my recomendations is to delete your account and re-add in Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. That should force all folders to resync.

OP
F

ferret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, deleting one of the email accounts and reinstalling worked! Thank you! One other problem I have been having is with the way emails from one sender get "foldered" by the ipad. This is nice because it puts them all in one place. However when I delete them within the folder the iPad responds by saying the message has no subject and assure a receipt date to it from 1969 which is impossible. Then the only way to get rid of it is to reboot the iPad. Ever seen such a thing?thanks again! Dean

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ferret said:
Well, deleting one of the email accounts and reinstalling worked! Thank you! One other problem I have been having is with the way emails from one sender get "foldered" by the ipad. This is nice because it puts them all in one place. However when I delete them within the folder the iPad responds by saying the message has no subject and assure a receipt date to it from 1969 which is impossible. Then the only way to get rid of it is to reboot the iPad. Ever seen such a thing?thanks again! Dean

Is it possible you have a rule or filter set up on the server, via your web client. The iPad doesn't have any rules ability, so it can not move things out of the in box by itself,

OP
F

ferret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your expertise!
Dean

Most reactions